Fly Tying
AKFishinRN

Hello from The Kenai Peninsula, AK

Howdy,

I've been fly fishing for about 15 yrs, but mainly bead fishing for trout and some streamers for silvers in Alaska. Some casting in various other places too. This year, I bought a spey outfit and hope to do more swinging for steelies and larger trout.

I took my first fly tying class last Saturday and am currently looking for a 12-step program. Vise and tools on the way. This could be really baaaaaad!

Hope to learn bunches from you guys.

Wandering Bob

post-61605-0-97620100-1497335162_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the site, AKfishinRN!

Where, on the Kenai, did you get a fly tying class? Wife and I spent two weeks there a couple of years ago ... and, although it was breathtakingly beautiful, it was also miles and miles of miles and miles.

I didn't get to do any fishing while I was up there. Even in July, it was a little too cold for my comfort, but Wife loved it. Still, there were plenty of places that looked like great fishing spots.

Again, welcome. Be sure to post up your progress, as your tying gets better and the fish get bigger.

Those flies you posted above ... those will attract all kinds of strikes, from all kinds of fish. Good start.

Welcome to the site, AKfishinRN!

<<Where, on the Kenai, did you get a fly tying class?>> In Soldotna, they just started them about once a month at Artsy Junkin

Wife and I spent two weeks there a couple of years ago ... and, although it was breathtakingly beautiful, it was also miles and miles of miles and miles.

The Kenai River is one of the most accessible Big Rivers in Alaska. Therefore, gets pretty crowded. It's a very good fishery, but I'm not too into salmon.

I'm from VA and it did take a while to dress properly. A little cooler this year than past summers, but love them. Heading to VA this week, I'm gonna melt!

Thanks for the welcome. I'll be around ...

Wandering Bob