Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Ebay deadbeat!

Sorry fellas' but i gotta vent to somebody so it looks like you guys are the lucky ones wink.gif

I sold a few things on ebay a couple weeks ago and i put that i would only take money order/chashiers check. Well one of the things i was selling sold for $24.50 and after the auction the guy said he would send the payment right away,so after 2 weeks(right away huh mad.gif ) i finally recieved a CHECK from this yahoo!

I emailed him and asked why he sent a check and he said he was sorry he didnt read where i said MO/chashiers check and he assured me that it was a good check rolleyes.gif ...well being the nice guy i am i figured alright its only $25 so i cashed the check at my bank sent him the item and left him good feedback on ebay.

WELL GUESS WHAT I GOT IN THE MAIL TODAY????......this A'holes freakin NSF check back from my bank plus a $20 charge to me for the bad check mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif so not only am i out the $25 but i'm also out another $20

I emailed him when i got home this afternonn and still havent heard from him.....HE'S LUCKY HE LIVES IN OKLAHOMA AND NOT WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE OF ME or ol' big n' ugly SD as BDH likes to call me would have to pay this idiot a little house call!

scooter.gif nono.gif flex.gif gunsmilie.gif cry.gif crutch.gif ............ whistling1.gif

SD

If you do alot of buying and selling on Ebay Paypal is the best way to go.

sorry to hear about your misfortune.

OSD. sick.gif

I dont do "alot" of ebay ...maybe under 30 transactions in the last year.... but your right OSD....and lookin back i'm kickin myself in the ass for having a little faith in our fellow man.....never again!

At least not on ebay that is!

SD

SD, sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I've sold some things on Ebay this year, and so far without any problems. In the 14 years I've been in my business I've recieved only 2 checks that bounced, and the senders didn't get their order either. It still cost me the bank charges! Both incidents happened back when I first started, and I didn't know what to do about it! I know now!

If I was you, I would contact the bank from which the guys check was drawn, or your own bank and ask what can be done about recovering your loss. Here in MD, most banks will file charges against folks who pass bad checks, and pursue their prosecution & recovery of funds.

I accept Paypal for Ebay & my business, but have become very wary of it, as I've had one bad incident. I won't give the details here, but if you need further advice about Paypal, would be glad to talk with you. Paypal is a great tool, but it does have it's down side so be careful with it.

Steeldrifter,

I also do trading on eBay.

When someone sends me a check, I hold the items for up to 2 weeks for it to clear. I've been very lucky so far and have not had a check go bouncy bounce, but if it does happen, I'm going to change my policy.

I would email him and tell him that the check is unacceptable and ask him to send an MO instead. I would then return his check with the item when I received and cashed his MO.

If the guy doesn't come clean within a few weeks report it to Ebay. Make sure to keep all correspondence and all the stuff you can from your bank. I had one person I purchased from on ebay rip me off and I let both barrels loose and he paid dearly for it.

Tight Lines,

Fatman

i emailed him yesterday and told him about it and that he needed to contact me within 24hrs well 24hrs was up at 5pm so i just emailed him again. I told him this time that it would be in his best intrest to contact me because passing a bad check is illegal and i will not only contact ebay but his banks phone # is on the check and i will contact them plus i WILL pursue the matter to the furthest acceptable legal means poss!

I am out $45 total for this deal and that hurts at this time of the year but thats not even the main reason,i just dont like people trying to screw me and i WILL follow up on it as much as i can.

SD devil.gif wink.gif

Well i just got an email from the guy he said that ebay debited his account after he wrote the check and he didnt realize it so thats why the check bounced. He is supposed to send me a MO for the entire amount on friday so we'll see if he does,ethier way i have learned a valuable lesson about checks on ebay!

Hopefully this will work out dry.gif

SD

if it doesn't call me...i know a fella named Curly Joe that will make him disappear for a case of Schiltz and a pouch of Redman....no joke

They still make schilitz? bugeyes.gif

Well heres a update:

never heard from him on friday so i emailed him.....got response back says "sorry been workin 2 jobs and havent had time but will send it out monday"

Well monday came and nothing ....here it is friday a week later and nothing.

I already informed ebay and when i went to leave a response on his feed back (which i did ) i noticed he had 4 feedbacks and 3 of the four where neg. for bounced checks.

I will follow through with whatever means i can but i guess i'll just have to write this one off as my own learning experiance.

live and learn i guess!

SD

well, he was here and when he heard people were looking for him, he tucked his tail between his girly legs and went home to williamsburg, OH.....

that sucks, Steve...hope you can find some kinda recourse...maybe you need to talk to Dfix and Stri privately and see if they have any suggestions.....

QUOTE (SmallieHunter @ Dec 15 2003, 12:22 PM)
Danville, KY

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Dfix the loser lives in oklahoma but i dont want to give his address or anything....whats done is done,i got screwed,learned a lesson and what comes around goes around ya know wink.gif people like that will end up paying for ther misdeeds one way or another...........

damn i'm getting all philosifull and shit,must be my age....damn birthday! wink.gif

SD