Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Hell of a deal on whiting hackle, speys, etc

The came regular old first class mail. And yes, they were just cut in half. I'm gonna work the desk tonight and take my vise. Hopefully it will slow and I can tie a few flies.

Yep I got the capes today and I already plucked a beautiful Brown Saddle, tomorrow I have a Black and a Badger/yellow flat wing to pluck and then back on Mon. Somehow I have got to squeeze a little fishing in wink.gif

I also got four saddles to pluck today. I called Byard, he said he sent out the brahma's to the two guys that only bought brahmas. These saddles are unbelievable, they are great. I am plucking two dry fly saddles, one flatwing (very cool) and a midge saddle.

Everyone will be very pleased.

John

That sounds very promising. smile.gif

What a way to obtain a variety without going into major debt.

Can't wait. Thanks Guys

Ralf you won't be disappointed in the Brahma's. The colors are awesome - olive, brown, black and gray. I tied a few last night. The stems/quills are delicate if you want to palmer them you have to be careful. If you clip the V and put on as legs under a shell back they were great.

Be careful when stripping them. Like I said, the stems/quills are weak. I ruined a couple.

I got Brahmas coming along with flatwing saddles cannt wait.

If anyone interested there a few packs left over from the swap(just checked).

Ashley

Thanks Ashley. I just grabbed an midge hackle since I have some size 18 hooks that need some fur and feathers on them.

You'll love the colors and speckling on the Brahma's.

I got my hackle in the mail today, both the dry stuff and the brahmas. I am really impressed with the brahmas, they are nicer than I expected.

Anyway all of you that ordered should be getting yours soon too. Byard said there were still 7 packages he was waiting to come back from being plucked. I would think if you do not have your feathers within the next week and a half that maybe yours were in that group. Be patient, the feathers are definitely worth the wait.

john headbang.gif

Shoe, what do you mean unclaimed packages? I did not mean that he had more that nobody had bought. I simply meant that he was waiting for 7 final packages to come back to him so that he could redistribute them to everyone who bought them.

john

Shoe-sometimes not enough people sign up for a group so after the plucking and distributing some packs are left.