Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Display Cases

I have been scouting around for a display case that will hold all of the flies that have been entered into the tying contest. My best guess at this point is we will have around 50 flies maybe more.

I have seen one display case that should hold that many flies but it was around $125 and am looking for something a little cheaper.

Anybody got any ideas dunno.gif

What about hitting a "cig shop"? Some cigars come in a display case. Maybe you can score one real cheap, gut and line it with a sheet of cork.

Maybe a Flyshop will let you borrow one for a week or 2.

A Jewler may have an old display case laying around.

I do think it is very important that it looks professional. After all it does represent the site and its members

i recently bought two empty shadow boxes from Hobby Lobby, 16" x20", about 2 inches deep. List price is $19.99 (but when i bought them last month, they were on sale for half price). Plan on mounting a set of flies from a swap I'm currently hosting in each of them.

Mark Delaney

QUOTE (steeldrifter @ Dec 5 2003, 09:59 PM)
Might try a shop that deals with baseball/sports type cards i'm sure they would have to have something simular to a "shadow box" for cards that may cost less dunno.gif

SD

Yes I agree! Its The Container Shop.