Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Redwings1

Crawtail

Based on Will's research findings I figured I'd give a tail tie a shot. This is the first one I came up with. If bass are 2.6 times more likely to hit a tail only then I am 2.6 times more likely to tie up a few tails... :P

It is a little dark for the craws around where I fish, but I will be picking up some lighter ultra-suede to take care of that issue.

Not bad, I like it. I was thinking something similar, I will post what I come up with when I get a chance.

I would try reversing the tie.

put the tail at the eye. craws swim with their tail pulling them.

I think ill have a go at this idea in the next few days too.

Joe

Looks great! I'd be 2.6 times more likely to fish that and probably 2.6 times more likely to hook a tree behind me with my first cast with that as well

What a cool fly. I must say that has to be the most orriginal fly I have seen. A peice of tail! Gotta like it. You tied this very well!!

Im just thinking that crayfish that have lost claws can still swim, I dont know how long they would last, but i think they would at least twitch a little.

Joe

Here is what I day dreamed in my mind while at "work" today, I tried my best to give the tail a little curve because I thought that is what it should like drifting. :dunno:

IPB Image

Mike, I think you nailed that one man. I can't wait to give these a try.....it is worth a shot to see if that research holds true.

BTW...what hook did you use on that last one?