Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Another Michigan Guy

Hi everyone,

Followed a link here posted by OSD on another site. This looks like a nice place so I thought I'd join up. I work for a construction company as a project designer, and I'm finishing up a degree at night. Doesn't leave nearly enough time for tying or fishing, but I'll be done with school in the spring.

Mike

Man you Michigan guys are taking over biggrin.gif

I'm jealous of you guys with all that great water up there. I've been trying to talk my wife into lettin me buy some property in the NW area. I hope you enjoy the site and hope you get a chance to do some fishin soon

Thanks Smallie. Yup, we're lucky here, a lot of different fishing opportunities. As far as time to fish, I'm starting to feel sick, might not be able to make it to work next Monday. Salmon Fever I think! biggrin.gif

Mike

...and another

Hi-ya fellas. bs.gif

Starting to look like everyone has dropped in.

Yup, we all followed OSD's link. Glad I did.

Been fly-fishing for quite some time, but didn't get bit hard until a few years ago.

It's so bad that I didn't even launch the "trolling rig" this year. I just had too much fun chasing trout and exploring new waters.

Looks like a great forum. Glad to be here. smile.gif

I hear ya SD.

Real nice to have a place to go where a fly-fisherman isn't labeled. unsure.gif

It's been my method of choice for a couple of seasons. That comes at a price. Many of my friends give me the "look" when I break out the flyrod. To me it's the pleasure of fooling a fish with something that was created on my desk.

Keep praying for rain. I'm hoping for a decent steelhead run. smile.gif

ohmy.gif Now your in trouble shoe......i meant to hit reply and accidently hit report your post to the modorater..LOL blink.gif

Anyway i know what your sayin about the "label" thing that post on that site was really gettin to me.

It looks like baldwin is gonna have rain from now till wends of next week.....sounds like a goood start for the steelie season to me!

Add another. I could use all the help help.gif I can get so I'm in a few other boards as well. dunno.gif Besides, you gotta love these smilies. devil.gif

ive_been_ripped.gif by a set of In-Laws who are too old to drive on their yearly color tour here in the State of Mi. Usually it's "not old enough" this case, 80 & 82 I think is too old. We'll be checking out the colors in Grand Marais way up in the UP. I have to sneak my fishing rod in here somehow.

I shouldn't complan about the trip, who knows how soon it'll be when I will be depending on someone to drive me around. (Not for a long time I hope)

I'll be out of commission for a few days and hope to get back and get involved in the site. cool.gif See ya then..