Fly Tying
vicrider

To monthly swappers

Packages signed and sealed and will hit snail mail tomorrow. First, apologizes to Joseph Russell who included two nice flies but I somehow only got a pic of one. Secondly, flies this size did not stay on tags very well so there are a lot of untagged flies since I wasn't going to fight them. The pic thread can identify them.

Also, over the years I've gone on a kick to tie the tiny stuff and try to improve from previous attempts. I have a lot of small flies that I will never get to use so I just randomly thru a few in each tin so there's a couple of floaters in there not in the pics. Also, for Crackleback, who sent us the 32, I included a 32 with tail, dub and hackle and a what I think is a 28 with tail, dubbing, hackle and wings. Since he likes the small stuff let him see if he can get them on a tippet while standing in the middle of the stream with 20mph winds blowing.

Thanks to all and we are a couple of tiers short and hopefully they'll catch up or I'll put something out for replacement. This month is streamer month and I'm thinking of doing a size 32 Mickey Finn streamer. (JK)

Nick

Also note that in cleaning up the sorting table I found a Crackleback #32 still on the paper tag. If anyone is missing one let me know and I'll include it in next month's swap.

Looks like I need to track down my spool of 8X.

After tying the smallest flies last month I'm probably tying the largest flies this month. I've got my big game jaws back in the Regal and am doing some articulated flies. They're more or less Charlie Craven's variation on the Sex Dungeon.http://www.charliesflyboxinc.com/flybox/print.cfm?parentID=151

-Mike

Crikey, how would I know if I'm missing a size 32 fly?!!!!

I have threading wire that will load up to 8x tippet, I've gone to 24 with it, don't know how far I can press it.

One of my great joyful discoveries was landing a 17 in rainbow on 7x. I'm known for a heavy hand with fish, that was a real achievement for me and opened up a whole new world (I used to blame my troubles on a fast rod ... like everything I needed to learn/refine technique, that ole skill thing ...).

I'm doing a muddler for this month, I wonder if I could tie a 22 muddler ... hmmm (and that would be useful ... how?). OK, no, standard sizing this time.