Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FlyFishin'Jam

Wets, Matuka's, Spey types

Another group of flies, finally grabbed some golden pheasant to create the 'silver brown' accurately except for the IC which was subbed, then messing with matuka's using scrap ends of feathers i have stripped for winging as a pair, tied in by wire. Couple of smaller freestyle spey types, more subdued shades.

imagejpg1_zps65fd0b34.jpg

Then some Sandy Candy spey varieties, or the fancy steelhead grub for those who think it is far too plebeian to go as low as using a plastic grub. Non drab colour! Tried a married wing on one. Effective fly and BassMouth's mother also enjoys them as earrings hahaha.

imagejpg1_zpsb76df12d.jpg

Excuse messy heads, just fishin' schtuff, and excuse photo's, i am lazy and it's just ipad.

The silver browns look great in the water. Won't be long till they pass a fish.

Thanks for testing them! Yeah i have not had a chance yet as season does not open till next week, but def going to make the most of it. Tying will wind down and more hours on the water or outside, been a brutal winter seems to have delayed the runs.