Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

OH NO.....NO THREAD!!!!!!

Ever been at the bench and have your heart set on a particular pattern, and have your tying dreams shattered because you don't have the right colored thread? Never fear, try this simple and money saving tip.....

Buy at least one spool of white thread in all of your favorite sizes. White thread can be easily colored with permanant or pantone pens to match any color you would want or need. i know a few tiers who buy only white thread and color it in this manner as they need it. Saves a lot of frustration and money in the long run......

Play nice, Big Daddy's watching devil.gif

I have the entire line of Orvis markers, 4 spools of white thread from 8/0 to 3, and I never thought of that... wallbash.gif

yep, LB, nice little tip....I use white thread almost exclusively so I don't have to keep reloading my bobbin....works great and saves a few minutes at the bench as well!

Love this idea.One advantage is that on some patterns you can start with one colour and change it for another part of the fly.Saves having to change threads half way through the fly.

Sign in to follow this