Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

OD. Egg

That is an awesome idea to use a little bit of marabou with an egg fly just to give it a little bit of movement, I'm gonna tie a few up like that for the PA trip and will also be using some white marabou for that "egg and sperm" look.

OSD i also really like the idea of a tail on the egg...i have a question,i know you can use both yarn or a "pom-pom" for the egg but if you use the pom-pom do you just push the pom-pom all the way to the eye and then tie the tail and slide it back over the tail? just wondered because the one in the pic looks like it might be a pom-pom and i want to tie some before the trip.

SD

Sorry SD. I don't know how you would do it using a Pom-pom I guess that your idea would work though.

The picture is Glow bug egg fly tied the way I tie all my eggs, with the pen tip.

I have never used pom-poms mostly because thay don't offer the colors that you can get In Glo Bugg yarn, also sometimes I use two colors in a egg.

OSD.

wow that egg is so semetrical i thought it had to be a pom-pom,very nice egg OSD i'm tying some tonight so i'll give it a try with the pen trick. thanks for helping.

SD

When I get the materials I think I`m gonna tie me up some, just to have. BTW, NICE fly! Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck