Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Big E

Electric Rubber Bugger

:) Nice tie. It would be good for most fish with a change in color and size. I like it.

I can't figure out which I like better the fly, or the photo... they are both terrific! I don't think you could have planned that green flash any better... Great photo and fly, buddy! ;)

I was lucky enough to get in on a Bugger swap hosted by Big E and was all kinds of excited about trying out this fly during a recent trip to Colorado.

The proof is in the puddin, after getting embarassed on the Taylor River for several hours I decided to try pulling a streamer, namely, the Black Electric Rubber-legged Bugger of DEATH past some finicky browns. Immediately I started getting aggesive strikes, I don't belive these fish were hungry, they were pissed or scared or both.

DSC03334.jpg

After coming home I did some Steelhead fishing on Elk Creek in Pennsylvannia. I hooked up several Steelies on the bugger, sorry I don't have any pics of hooked fish because I was by myself. Far worse than the lack of a fin and grin pic, I lost my beat up bugger to a large Steelhead. After he found himself on the humiliating end of my line he decided not to be outdone, Moby was last seen passing Buffalo, NY with a large black bugger stuck to his face.

I urge anyone to give this fly a try, Ill be tying some up this winter and stocking a row in my streamer box.

Thanks Big!