Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sniksoh

foam tail super worm

found this fly in the new feather craft. the fowam on the tail makes it dive streight down and gives the fly a wiggling action on the way down.

i'd say the lead eyes makes it dive straight down an the foam may make it wiggle

well they both work together. the fly wouldnt dive straight if the foam wasnt pulling the tail up.

yes i did with zap a gap. i had to apply some to the hide before gluing on the foam to harden it or it just seeps into the hide and the foam wont stay.

i threw this fly in my fishtank and it looks awesome. it dives very slowly and reminds me of a tube bait for spinning gear.

Thanks.

With spring approaching it may be just the ticket for Lakers in the shallow water. and certainly for big smallies in my favorite places.

yes i did with zap a gap. i had to apply some to the hide before gluing on the foam to harden it or it just seeps into the hide and the foam wont stay.

i threw this fly in my fishtank and it looks awesome. it dives very slowly and reminds me of a tube bait for spinning gear.

You bought that from FC didn't you?! :j_k: :) I like its potential!