Fly Tying

Well, my first swap as swapmeister was a little less than favorable as anyone in the caddis swap knows, but we did get some beautiful new flies out of it.

I was also in Smokey's beadhead swap, but as most probably know, he was not exactly living up to his duties as swapmeister. I really wanted to see what everyone could come up with, so I thought I would start another one.

The only rule for patterns is that they have a bead head. We'll take the first twelve people that reply with "I'm in." The pattern you will be tying would be nice, but is not required.

I'm going to set the deadline for the last day in August, so there's no rush to get them in. I will be tying a bead head stonefly nymph.

I'm in.

If I get em back from smokey I'll send those if I dont have them back in one week I'll just ties up some more crochetted bead heads

Duckydoty

Im in. Like Ducky and MTG, i was in smokeys swap. If i get the flies back, thats what im gonna send. If smokey dosnt send em back in a reasonable time (im not holding my breath) then i will just tie up some new ones for this swap. Maby i just tie some new ones anyway, the other flies might have some bad karma from the smokey swap, something we dont need on the trout stream. biggrin.gif

Here's where we stand so far:

MTG-Swapmeister

1. duckydoty

2. CjCalls

3. Winks

4. atroutbum2

5. shenandoahangler

6. Sjo Crapels

6 more to go. Cj and Winks, it appears you guys are new to the site. First of all, welcome. It's good to have you aboard. I am guessing that this is your first swap on this site, so I would like to have you guys take a few moments to read over the Rules and Policies of FTF Swaps. Thanks guys, and again, welcome aboard!

I'm in.just pm me your address again and i'll mail them out..Have them tied up for the other swap..

tt

Hello All-

Many thanks to MTG for trying to set this waterbait straight and offering to tie up a loose end. My condolences to all involved with that last fiasco. And to think I actually *tried* to get in on that one, too! blink.gif

MTG- Does the bead have to be metal, or can it be glass??

Anyways, sounds like a bunch of people are ready to go! I know these swaps fill up fast... so if there aren't any objections, I'd like to jump right in!

biggrin.gif

Keep it deep,

Whippersnapper

QUOTE (Michigan Trout Guy @ Jun 30 2005, 12:54 PM)

6 more to go. Cj and Winks, it appears you guys are new to the site. First of all, welcome. It's good to have you aboard. I am guessing that this is your first swap on this site, so I would like to have you guys take a few moments to read over the Rules and Policies of FTF Swaps. Thanks guys, and again, welcome aboard!

Yep I read it. Not a problem.

Thanks Cj. With the recent problems we seem to have had with swaps, I just like to make sure everyone is on the same page.

whippersnapper, nope doesn't have to be metal. Actually, I think a glass bead would be a welcome change.

Ok, here's where we stand now guys:

Swapmeister-MTG

1. duckydoty

2. CjCalls

3. Winks

4. atroutbum2

5. shenandoahangler

6. Sjo Crapels

7. trout traveler

8. KevinP

9. whippersnapper

3 more to go. headbang.gif headbang.gif