Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DWSmith

Disturbing request on my phone.

I live out in the country and use the WiFi hotspot on my phone to connect my computer to the internet.  I frequently forget to carry my phone and leave it on my desk when I'm in or near the house.  Other than that I use my phone for talking and texting.  When I do carry my phone around the property is when I'm doing stuff where I may have an accident.

When I go to town I leave my phone locked up in the car unless I'm expecting a call.

At night my phone is on my desk and never in the bedroom.

My phone is part of my business as a guide - and pretty much very necessary.... so I spend more time with it than wanted... My primary daytime destination when I'm meeting my anglers is Flamingo in Everglades National Park (only 93 miles from my home...) and in the Park - the only cell service that works is AT&T so that's me - whether wanted or not...

Glad to hear that some folks aren't spammed much at all - not the case where I am (and I won't even mention the actual attempts at thievery and other serious mis-conduct you end up on the receiving end of - at least once or twice a week).  Keeping in touch with clients and prospective clients is important  (and being able to call a wrecker or tow service when you're broken down on the road or on the water...) priceless - so I'm tied to the thing.   

On the plus side I do have access to very accurate tide info, weather info, etc. on that "smart phone" which is important - but I'm still basically an old guy in a rapidly changing world so my kids (and grandkids) are my technical experts - and needed from time to time for advice or to explain why my phone is being difficult... 

I just wasn't meant for these times...