Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
weissev

storing materails

I'll second the Umpqua hook organizers, I'm up to 4 of them now and I wouldn't trade them they work great! One word of caution on them though, they changed the plastic they're made of in the past 2-3 years and it's a little more brittle than the older ones. If your a clutz like I am and drop one even just a foot or two(it was empty/brand new) the hinges will break if they make contact. The old plastic didn't do that.

Beyond that I'm currently living out of rubbermade bins also. For general storage I have 3 very large bins that contain all of my smaller bins. These keep things safe from the dogs and if I travel I keep a medium size bin that will hold a couple smaller ones as well as a hook box. and tools. I have a nice desk that I was going to refinish but my wifes cat is such a headache I need a roll top so I can cover things up when I need to get up. It's amazing how fast that cat can make off with a calf tail. mad.gif

I built a roll top desk, and thought that I put enough drawrs in it but.............. the more STUFF I got the more room I need so Im using ane of those plastic 6 drawr numbers from Walbangers too. But only till I can build a nice oak filing cabinet since my desk is in the living room and has to look nicer than the plastic thing

Those are some nice cabinets they are exactly how I pictured the cabinet in my head only I know i can build one for less than 300.00 let alone 999.00 nice link though thanks

That's why I'm building my own too. You should have seen the look on my wife when I showed the big desk I wanted! bugeyes.gif Then I was left with trying tell her it was a dream toy. rolleyes.gif

When I built my desk it was sopposed to be a computer desk but after it was started we ended up getting a new computer with a bigger scxreen so I sort of got it by default but I tweaked it to be what I needed for tying All except for the lack of drawrs. You will get your dream desk some day though.