Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Irish

Really late Intro

I found the site in River smallies and forgot to bookmark it. I finally remembered it (found in River smallies again) I am from Montana and am Irish and a fan of Notre Dame.

I have been fly fishing for as long as I can remember and started tieing flies when I was young. I remember George Grant doing some of his weaving in Butte, my home town. Also watched Lee wolf tie a grey wolf w/o a vise again when I was a kid in MT.

I have a huge desire to catch smallies and have been doing so for 20 plus years. I Have caught them in MN, WS, TN, VA, AR, CA, CT, VT, NH, and Maine. All on flies.

My goal is to catch a citation Smallie out of the Yellowstone and Big horn rivers in MT. Yes they are there!!!

I really enjoy this site and have bookmarked it this time. I will be back.

Irish

Welcome Irish and it's always good to see another smallie chaser around here. I didn't know that they had smallmouth in some of the MT rivers, learn something new everyday.

Feel free to share any of your successful smallie patterns with us, I know I'ld love to see them!

Welcome aboard,

You'll find a really diverse group of folks here, and with your intro and how long you've been tying I know I'll be looking your way as I'm only on my second year.

You'll find this site really fun and alot of ribbing goes on so just a heads up, and really look out for Big D's jokes they might just make you run LOL.

Tight Lines,

Fatman

Hey at least he's not from MI. wink.gif

Welcome and look forward to hearing about your sucess on the MT citation !