Fly Tying
dead_horse_bay_fisher

Stick on eyes

I have purchased some of those stick on eyes (the little clear plastic bubble kind with a bead that moves around inside). How do I get these to stick on to a streamer? I suppose that I can build the head up large enough to accept them, but what glue do I use? Can I put head cement or epoxy over the eyes like you would the thread alone?

Thanks in advance,

dc

A drop of 5 minute epoxy works great. Head cement might be a little to thin, though I have never tried it before.

Best Wishes,

Sam

I've got to second the epoxy. Some people use superglue, but you have to get the head built up just perfect, and in my experience they copme off easily (besides, I've glued my fingers toether enough for several years!!)

If you can wait overnight, E6000 (similar to Goop but won't craze the plastic) works well as well, but it needs to cure at least overnight.

Mark Delaney

Gotcha covered. I use either Fletch-Tite, or Sticks-on-Contact. Both dry flexible, clear, water-proof, and hold like iron. Sticks-on-Contact is $1.25 per tube at W-Mart, and Fletch-Tite is available at W-Mart or any archery shop. Fletch-Tite, as the name might imply, is for attching fletching to arrows.