Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Yellow Sally

Damian,

I go through phases in my tying, helps keep me from getting bored. I these Bergman flies are fun to tie, not difficult and do catch fish. I'm mainly tying these for a trip I'm taking in april, some educated trout need a curve thrown at them. :lol:

Ive never used a wet fly, but looking at your ties and the others you have posted makes me want to. I think it would be fun to hook some trout on great looking flies like yours. Right on Paul, and good luck.

Ive never used a wet fly, but looking at your ties and the others you have posted makes me want to. I think it would be fun to hook some trout on great looking flies like yours. Right on Paul, and good luck.

Few trout can pass up a nice big juicy baitfish when they're hungry. ESPECIALLY the big ones. After all, if you were a Monster Brown or Rainbow who was particularly hungry, which would you rather do: try to catch a couple hundred size 18 or 20 Mayflies or Midges or get a full belly in one fell swoop with that unsuspecting 6" stocker over there?

The monsters will eat small stuff, especially if drifted right in front of their face. It's an easy meal. But I've heard several seasoned guys say that the true pigs eat the big stuff unless there's a blizzard hatch going on and it's easy pickins in a nice feeding lane.