Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SDHflyfisher

2WT

what blank did you use for your 2wt, and what length. Approximately how much would it cost to build a rod?

John

That's a right purdy li'l rod, there! Congrats! Now you are just itchin' go get out and fish that puppy! With so much winter left to go, now you can do another... biggrin.gif

To the others, if you can tie flies, you can build a rod. I built one two years ago, and if I can, you can. I recommend it to anyone! Patience and care are the biggest essentials, and with that and the right components, you can have a special rod near and dear to your heart.

Come on...

Look at the photos again...stare at the reel seat... bugeyes.gif ...you are feeling heavy...the weight of the rod is pressed in your hand... bugeyes.gif ...you can feel the loading of the line...build the rod...Build The Rod...BUILD THE ROD... bugeyes.gif

i'll be building more since i need a good steel head rod say 6 or 7 weight

all i need is line for it then it will be used on the first if i have line come thursday i'll be freezing my but off fishing for picky browns and bows with midges and 7x tippet when my local shop has some DT in i'll be getting that i don't want WF for this one