Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Isonychia

Yellow Sally

Like Trout Bum, I've been taking a few lessons from Don Bastian's DVD on tying classic wet flies. This Yellow Sally was the first thing I've produced that was photogenic enough to bother posting.

John

Sweet!!!! :headbang:

Nice fly John, ain't that video great? I just signed up for a class with Don in Feb. up in PA. I can't wait for the next three months to pass.

You lucky bum (er, TroutBum)!

Don taught a class last month at a B&B on Fishing Creek in eastern PA. I wanted to attend, but was tied up at work. Hunting season's a busy time for an outdoor writer!

John

John,

That's where I'm going in Feb. Don said that it's a great place to meet and tie, there are a couple of seats still open, why don't you come up too?

TB,

Do you happen to have a link to the B&B's Web site? I'm having a senior moment and can't recall the place's name. I'd like to check the exact weekend and the cost before I commit.

John

TB,

Thanks for the link! I'll consult with the Spousal Unit to determine whether this is possible, and I'll let you know.

It's interesting that the info on the clinic is adjacent to a photo of Cathy Beck. Last time I was in that area, Dave Rothrock (a buddy and regular fishing partner of Bastian's) and I were invited to fish with Cathy and Barry on their private stretch of Fishing Creek. We fished an early-evening sulfur hatch. As I recall, I caught one fish, Dave caught two, Barry caught one, and Cathy caught 11 -- including two 18-inchers!

I'll be back in touch about the clinic.

John