Fly Tying
jst4trout

Hello from CA.

Hello everybody, My name is Darryl. Glad to be a member where I can talk to the real pro's about fly tying. I love small stream trout fishing and go every chance I get. I've been fly tying for about 2 years but my flies look like I just started :dunno: . Hope to get some help :help: from everyone. Thanks Darryl

Hi JST4TROUT,

Welcome to the forum. I'm always glad to see more members from CA here, and I'm wondering about the small creeks you mentioned... I have a couple secret spots close by, the trout are small, but they are fiesty little jewels and loads of fun. Dry with a dropper on the 2wt, sure beats working.

Cheers,

Graham

Hey JST4TROUT, good to see I'm not the only new guy here! I'm also here in CA but in the north above Sac. Like you we have a ton of nice little hush hush spots up here. Welcome to the site. From what I have seen so far on this site, the lot of us are not without an abundance of info and help. I'm still just trying to take it all in myself. Again, welcome and I'll see you around on here.

Welcome aboard and glad to have you 2 onboard! (Graham I'm glad your on board too) Jump right in and feel free to share your knowledge and ask questions!

Greetings fellow Calif trout hunter. I just joined this forum to learn from guys who build bamboo rods, little did I realize how much more was going on here. It is great to read all the supportive and informative stuff. I live in Southern Calif, grew up in the lower Sacramento Valley, and have fly fished ever since my first week long hike in the Sierra as a Boy Scout. The local streams here are ok for practice, but my dream is to build a rod from the culm up and return to the Sierra and catch a golden trout again.

Hey Trouthiker,

I live in Burbank, and if there's no traffic on the 210 it takes about 30 minutes to get to Claremont. You sure have a nice view of the mountains where you live, now we need some snow up there. My son really like to go up to the local mountains so we are close by quite a lot but he's not very interested in fishing, so I dont push it, we just hike around.

Maybe we should go fishing someday. I have heard about some nice spots above Pomona, and near Bear Creek futher East, but I've been itching to hit the Kern for a while now. I hear there are some nice sized fish running above Pleasant Valley into the lower part of the Owens gorge, above Bishop , a place I've fished a few times on new years day, not crowded and pig rainbows up from the lake to spawn.

Cheers,

Graham