Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Woven fly swap

:ph34r: We're stalking the mailman now. When he get's to the box we'll rush him. OK dude, give up them flies!

:gunsmilie:

I got mine in the mail today, and they are fantastic. Everyone will be very very impressed I am sure. I cant decide which is my favorite, I think the damsel nymph. Oh no wait the hex emerger.

john

Got my flies today---Man-O-Man! You guys aren't going to believe these things. I cant decide which ones I like the best either. This was one of the best swaps I've ever been in and the quality of flies was astounding

Thanks WC for hosting and thanks everyone for putting forth a great effort in a quality swap!

Duckydoty

:angry: :cursing: :angry: :cursing:

If its not here tomorrow I'm taking a "HIT" out on the postman... :gun_bandana:

-Sam

Very nice collection of woven patterns!

Thanks for the extras everyone! I hung all of mine on the wall :headbang:

Sam I sent yours out 2 days later than the rest. Yours went out on Tuesday so you should get them by tommrow. I had to get extra postage for the extra stuff I packed for ya. It'll be worth the wait :lol:

Oh,I had to step on Your flies to get them to fit in that little box You sent :hyst:

Super Great Swap Everyone and A+ for the effort put into it.

Brent

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

I'll make it up to you with a package coming your way soon also!

PM sent!

-Sam

Holy F#@%ing :poop: !!!! This swap was incredible all great patterns. I will have to tie them myself though these are all wall hangers! Thanks for all the great flies guys!!!

Brent thanks for helping me in my venture to the realistic side of tying... All incredible material! Also thanks for hosting such a great swap!!!

-Sam

:bugeyes: :yahoo: :bugeyes:

They're here. Wow, this was really amazing. I'm impressed by everyone's flies. This is the first swap that I've participated in, what a way to start! I too think I will be keeping these for reference. I plan on trying a couple tonight. Ducky, thanks for tying 2, those are so cool. I have a few questions for some of you guys.

Day5, if you're ever sitting around wondering what to do, a step by step of your weaving technique with the gills would be cool. After you explained it to me a while back I tried it, really pretty easy. I think people would appreciate some visuals. It's just such a cool technique.

Brent, what did you use for the wing case.

Thanks for the flies everyone and thanks for doing the hard part Brent.

Time to go play with some new techniques.

FFW, I used Shane Stalcups Medallion sheeting on the wing cases. I picked mine up at Cabelas but Shane sells it on his web site if no one stocks it near You. Swiss straw coated with Flex seal will also work.

Brent