Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Somerset show

Is anyone else going to the big show in Somerset this weekend. I am going saturday. Just curious if anyone else on the east coast was going to go bl;ow their allowance too dunno.gif

If you really think about it, all you Robin Hood and his Merry Men wannabe's wink.gif should pick a style of fly to pin to your hat front, and maybe another to pin to whichever side or go the distance to make up an ersatz FTF nametag you could pin somewhere visible.

Don't mind me - I'm just jealous 'cuz I've always thought the Somerset show got high marks, I've wanted to take it in-even tho' it's way too far away to justify doing so, and I'm doing interior rehab projects at home sad.gif

Have Fun! - I'll be hanging drywall ceilings. blink.gif

I'll be at the show on Saturday. I'll be tying at the South Jersey Coastal Fly Anglers table which will be located in the Doubletree hotel near the Destination Theater and seminar rooms. I'll have a little tag made up stating I'm "Philly"

If you get a chance stop by and say Hi.

Philly Ill have to stop by Ill have a black atlantic saltwater flyroddres hat on but no name tag

Dfix I have been doing an addition oin my second floor for the last two months so I feel that I have earned this show, besides I missed last year because of a family vacation to disney so............... she said that it was ok to go j_k.gif

she is very supportive of my addiction It keeps me out of the bars and strip joints and I get to spend a lot of time with my father, (since he owns the boat)

My plans have changed. I'm heading out there today. I will be wearing a Breitling hat smile.gif . If some one sees me stop by and say hello. Most of the time I will be in the tying isle bugeyes.gif checking out the tecniques (sp?).

Mozes.

BassT-

Seems the past few years have been 'non-events' for me. I fished once or twice in 2001. Last year I fished fourteen hours total; the year before it was only slightly less; not all house renovation related or restricted. This year bodes to be about the same, if not even more restricted.

(For all you guys who wondered why I bailed on the first tieing swap or don't plan time away to fish- follow along)

This ceiling replacement comes on the heels of changing some bathroom fixtures on the floor above to accommodate my niece's recent occupation of same while she pursues both her Master's and a full-time teaching job. Then, it's on to the library/den on the first floor; the ceiling has to come down SO THE DECK OF THE SECOND FLOOR BATHROOM CAN BE REBUILT THE RIGHT WAY!!!

Seems when all this newer style plumbing was installed in the house, back when acceptable plumbing was fine-threaded brass (water) supplies, which is well over fifty years ago, the carpenters and plumbers really didn't pay attention to how the floor supported the tub or it's own weight- so, when someone walks onto the decking, it creaks, flexes and partially separates itself from the outside tub wall on the down-flex. I know what I'm gonna find when I open up the ceiling - 2X4 scabbing with no solid stringers anywhere. In the case of the third floor, the fixtures were installed and plumbed ABOVE the post and beam construction of the house- installed on raised platforms so the waste lines passed over the cross-timbers, instead of being mounted on the deck and wastes passing between floor and ceiling, under the timbers.

When I'm done changing/fixing things around, I'm supposed to refurbish the lib/den paint&paper, then the DR same; then on to the outside repairs, paint rehab and re-roof. In the meanwhile, if I get a shot to sand and refinish the DR and KIT floors, it'll be a bonus.

Guess it paid to grow up in the 'trades' wallbash.gif headbang.gif dunno.gif (now if I could only find my friggin' screwgun!)

Dave, I feel your pain. Sounds like you had some of the same carpenters doing "high quality remodeling" in your house as mine. wallbash.gif And people talk about how it was done in the old days.