Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
artimus

What to make

Time to make chips....  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

bfr, do you adjust the angle in the arm on a regular basis, or has it turned into a set and forget option?

It has become a set and forget option! I have adjusted them so I can tie most flies and they are close enough to use the rotary feature. I do, on occasion, put a set of snub nose jaws on for tying large flies.

BFR

As luck would have it, I'm on a temp layoff. Now for most that would truly suck, but for me it means tons of free machining time!!!! I decided to start by repairing a reel that I made years ago.

It is amazing how fast a NC driven mill can really work. Now these machines are pretty new to me as I'm old school. The days of dividing heads, bolt pattern tables, and cranking handles this way, no wait back a bit okay there, are long over; not to mention having to switch machines for different operations (lathe to mill). Now it is run through a few menus, enter a few numbers, refresh my coffee and away I go. To do the work that I did today in 5 hours would have taken me the better part of two days. All I have left is a reel foot (3-4 hrs) to make and then I can move onto the NEXT PROJECT>>>>>>HAHAHAHA

Art