Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Chase Creek

Huron River, Mi ?

I'm looking for some info on the Huron, near Ann Arbor. Going up there to search for the elusive smallie next weekend. Anybody have info on access points, etc. Understand it runs thru a couple of metro parks.

Are these good access points? I'll be wading.

Going up I-75. Which exits should I take?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Here's a site to check out. You will find the most info here!

Huronrivernet

If you are coming up I-75, you will want to take I-275 over to I-94. Go west on I-94 thru Ann Arbor. There are 2 road off I-94 that go to the huron. Zeeb rd and Wagner rd. I take Zeeb rd north to Miller. East on Miller to Delhi rd. North on delhi and you can't miss the river. Delhi metro park is on the right.

I believe the bridge that crosses the river at Delhi is still closed so to get to Dexter and Hudson Mills metro parks you will have to go back to Zeeb rd. and go north to W huron river rd. turn Right. Dexter is alittle ways down and hudson quit aways down.

All three have good access and Wadable. Weather permitting!

I love to fish at delhi. Some good smallie fishing from the rapids down thru the park. It is usually good for wading, but with the rain we have had it might be alittle high and fast.

Good luck and enjoy!

BFR