Fly Tying
Sturgeon_Catcher

Fall foliage across the.......

Live in a little town called Fairfield on the banks of the mighty Kennebec. Shot was taken at a very remote trout pond a couple of hours north of here.

There sure is a nice collection of fall colors here!

I have some roses blooming in the back yard and just has to take a macro shot.

IPB Image

Thanks Peterjay, I wanted to see what happens when using a high ISO when there is plenty of light, just to get a noise effect, trying to stay in focus but not too sharp. I took the pic during lunch hour, lots of contrast and deep shadows. I think I'll take a couple more shots of this rose in a couple of hours with better lighting, and will use a much lower ISO.

Hey KVRNut, I'll ask my wife tonight what kind of rose it is? It's a pink one...lol..

But I kind of like the looks of it in B&W....

IPB Image

Hey KNRNut,

I asked my wife what type of rose it is, and she really has no idea. For many years she has painted large canvases with flowers, typically the Georgia O'keefe sytle, and she likes this rose, and might even paint it.

The thing that amazed me the most was how the colors changed with the lighting. The first pic posted was mid day and I used a gold reflector to warm the colors. The pic below was taken after sunset, a 7 second exposure, at f/32 and luckily there was no wind, and I used a silver reflector to try and brighten the lighter edged tips of the petals.

IPB Image