Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fly time

Any Takers

I sent out my flies on Nov 14th. I made crystal olive scuds. The Polar chenille was too wierd :wacko: to work with so I used crystal chenille. I tied them on size 8 Mustad C49 hooks. You could let me know if I could tie any parts better.

just addressed the envelopes the soonest mom can get to the post office is saturday though. i apoligize extremely for it if the end up late, if not forget i said that. Dustin i will include and extra for the SM and a PT that i raised this year for the squirrel tail since the dog didnt drag any up like i figured he would now that i was looking for em. :headbang:

gillbuster, I would really appreciate that, Im down to one feather as we speak, and thats a bird we dont have here, I have an extra tail as well, so Ill throw in 2 of em, I have tons, I like squacks they are tasty!!! so I kill a few of em, and my buddies give me the tails off theirs as well. Dont worry about being late, dont think youll be the only one ;)

Dustin.

Got flies from Madkasels boy today, very nice pattern, and thanks for the extra!!! I appreciate it!!!

Dustin.

OK, we have 2 days, and I will give you all a 3 day extension, after that all recieved flies will be sent back to the tyers!!! I only have 2 sets as of now, and they are very nice flies!!!!!! I will send out the flies needed to make everyone a full box, if there are any dropouts ;)

Dustin.

A PHEASANT!!! :bugeyes: i thought i put two tail feathers in the envelope did they grow a pheasant or something?! if id of known theyd do that i would have poked some holes in the envelope or something so it could breath... musta smelled something aweful when you opened that sucker up

Nope, I opend up the envelope, and the little sucker flew out, it was tough to catch, I named him Guss!! :hyst:

Dustin.

well then that remains true to that bird thats how i got those feathers, trying to catch him grabbed his tail and they popped out. hes pretty slick when it comes to evading capture glad you caught him though :thumbup:

Hi, Gillbuster,

What are you tying these days? I am trying out for junior basketball at middle school and am buzy with community basketball. School volleyball just finished. my team got gold for the countys. :yahoo:

I hope that Flytime got my flies, I am sure that they got there by now. I sent them from Canada on the 14th of nov. I really liked tying scuds. Have you tied them before? B)

congrats on the gold buggy! im just getting into our school play "a christmas carol" for this year. im a tech for the play and always have to show up early and leave late so im gonna have a bunch of late nights coming up soon (got home at 11 pm last night!!). i have tried a few scuds but im running low on scud hooks and ill probably wait till christmas to restock on them but they are fun. im almost certain flytimes gotten your flies by now but i havent heard from him for a while so lets hope he didnt get into any trouble! :headbang:

Sorry guys, I got Buggies flies, and they are very fishy ties, great Job!!!!, I have been outta town for a few days, and just got back today. I still have a couple sets out, so what do you guys wanna do? would you like to wait for them to come in for 3 last days, or go ahead and send out what I have here?

Dustin.