Fly Tying
flyfishingtaz

storage at the desk

so far im using a few rubbermaid tubs, some sewing thread boxes from walmart, some 3700 plano boxes, and some parts organizers. also a few of those plastic stackable rolling organizers. any other ideas? I think organizing is a bigger problem then figuring out the next box of flies to tie :hyst:

Ziplock plastic bags for separating and storing organic tying materials that can harbor pests are a great idea, if you're not already using them.

Bill

Organizing is an ongoing proble. In my 35 years of tying I have gone from a small cardboard tying kit box, to a 19' x 21' room to a portable case then back up to a roll-top desk and decorative storage boxes I have made so that I can keep it all in the livingroom. I have yet to find the perfect combination and anticipate further changes down the road. Good luck! :D

im thinking of putting up some pegboards so that i can start hanging supplies there as well so its visible without having to open things up to find em. another idea is to put all of my tools, and small supplies on desk top in some small plastic containers, and then all of the larger supplies into labled containers, and the most used supplies on the pegboard instead. :dunno:

I've found some easy to assemble and light wieght wooden boxes at ikea. You can get different drawer sizes so you can store capes ,thread ant thing you want. They're backs are pre-drilled so you can easily mount thme on the wall. Good luck.

IKEA has about the best storage boxes and other items around. I have a few of the birch boxes that are really nice looking and practical. They have alot of other storage ideas as well, worth the trip if you are near one.

closest ikea is online. :ripped: I might be able to find something similiar somewhere elso thoght. wal-mart, bass pro, home depot, lowes. thats about what im limited to here. but will check it out