Fly Tying
breambuster

Turkey Breast Feathers

I'm looking for some turkey breast feathers. They may be called "turkey flats" but I'm not sure. They are very dark, black or nearly so, but they have a bronze, or at least a metallic sheen to them. Anyone know of an on-line site where I can order them? Anyone live near a fly shop that sells them?

Thanks

BB

Turkey flats I do not believe have a metallic sheen. You can find turkey flats at almost any fly shop. My uncle shot a turkey and gave me some of the feathers and they are dark and have a metallic sheen and they are barred almost like pheasant tippet, But the bars are widder, I think they are from the back of the turkey. I do not know where to buy them

Fly Tyer Guy

Just searched google here is what I came up with

matoska

There is a lot of stuff here :bugeyes:

Fly Tyer Guy

Have you ever obtained any material from this place??? It appears that they have pretty decent bulk pricing,IF the material is of decent quality.

No I have not purchased anything from here, But the materials look good. The only thing is on the skin feather quaility (Strung or loose should be fine for tying). The amherst did not look that good, But who knows. The hair should be O.K. :D

Fly Tyer Guy