Fly Tying
panflyfisher1

FIRST CARPS!!!

I went fishing today and saw tons of carp. All at least 10 lbs. I couldn't get one to take my fly so I jumped in the lake and started going for them barehanded. Actually caght one about 20 lbs. He beat the crap out of me until I put him back. I'll catch fish even if I have to go in and get them myself, lol.

i did that a couple times. once with a carp 20#+ almost got nocked out :boxing: but got him on shore :headbang: . and once with a northern pike got the "real bloody nuckles" :lol:

but the scariest animal in the water to jump on is... the snapping turtle :bugeyes: . i did it to a 30 pounder. he was sitting in 2 feet of water. i slowly crawled behind him and grabbed the shell behind his neck :ph34r: . he started hissing and snapping. and almost got me so i drpped him and he turned around and tried to get me :shocking: . scariest moment on the lake i have ever had next to being attacked by a muskrat while tip up fishing :hyst: .

I am going after Carp on Lake James here in western NC. Three rivers feed the lake and at the western end at the mouth of two of the rivers is a 1000 yards long mud flat about two-three ft deep. I had my sea kayak in there last week and there were so many carp they were bouncing off my hull and me with no rod. I'm taking my fishing kayak next trip.

can you send a picture of the fly youve benn usin becuse there are some nice carp by me but they never take the flys