Fly Tying

The other day I'm sitting at the vise showing my g.f. how to tie some bass bugs. No big deal right? Everything is going great. She's learning, I'm learning, I'm learning I need to get her a vise cause I cant ever get to tie on mine. Well anyways, I turn around to get some materials, and thats when I hear it. Ever hear a sound that just makes you sick to your stomach? your not sure what it is, but in the back of your brain your already fearing the worst? Well, I thought the fly had just popped out of the vise. My g.f., quickly told me not to move. Fly in the seat of my pants perhaps? To my horror it was indeed the jaws on my vise had been somehow weakend <_< :angry: :dunno: :ripped: , and now I am grounded. No tying flies. It's not that bad though. I have a back up. Its a non rotary, can only hold a bass hook fairly well cheapo from years ago when I was first starting in tying. My b.d is in a few weeks so she said she'll spring for an early gift and get me the jaws next week. Even her daughter is getting me a replacement vise. Should I state that I'll die if I dont get to take a blue ribbon fly fishing trip this summer?