Fly Tying
a93wrangleryj

Bead Chain Eyes Anyone?

I've participated in numerous swaps, however I have never hosted a swap. I would like to host either a bead chain eye fly swap or a Royal Coachman style swap. I'd like to know if anyone might be interested in either one, I guess whichever swap gets the most response, thats the one I'll host......

If you give a VERY GENEROUS deadline, I'm definitely in for a beadchain swap.

I've got a stone/hex that I'll tie.

Thanks,

Brinx

How does April 23 sound? I'm in no rush for flys, I would just like to host a swap. If the date needs to be moved back farther so that I get a better turn out, I'll do so....

Sounds good. Might be a little tight but if that's what it is I'll make the time. Even 1 week longer would be more ideal. How 'bout making May 1 a possibility?

Thanks

Brinx

Alright, May 1st it is for my BeadChain Swap. I'm tying a pattern originally intended for winter steelhead, however with a few slight changes, the 'Silver Comet' becomes an incredible bass streamer. Now let's hope that we get 10 or so more people who want to participate. I'd like to limit this swap to 12 just to make things a little easier on me, I don't think this will be a problem seeing the lack of enthusiasm thus yet......

Really? Which other sites? I'm always looking for more opportunities for swaps.

Thanks,

Brinx

Brinx & a93wrangleryj,

I think this may have just been bad timing. A lot of us are working on flies for Casting for Recovery right now. Just don't think I can take on more commitments right now (especially with steelhead in the rivers and trout season less than a month away!).

Mike

If you have a pet that can provide some fly tying material I'm running "Your pet swap" on this board wink.gif .

Thanks for the opportunity and insight Mike and Mozes.

Don't have a viable pet Mozes. Wish I did, it sounds like HUGE fun.

Mike, Maybe we'll get to another time. I LOVE beadchain eyes on my flies. I think it makes 'em look way "buggy" and it gets 'em down.

Good tyin'.

Brinx

QUOTE (Brinx @ Apr 7 2004, 03:48 PM)

Don't have a viable pet Mozes. Wish I did, it sounds like HUGE fun.

Brinx

I guess one of those "naked" cats doesn't lend itself very useful...LOL

Sorry, I couldn't resist. devil.gif

Yeah, I think you're right, shoe. Hey, even if you had one of those Chinese Cresteds, they at least have those tufts at the tips of their ears and tail.

I guess I've been reconsidering my involvement in the pet fly swap. Of course, that is if someone can tell me how I might best effectively use materials off of 2 separate Beta Fish. Think about it, those are awfully long fins that they can grow back.

Just trying to keep an open mind here.

Brinx