Fly Tying
little laker

Autumn Fences

Hey Ashby, I'm thrilled to see you are back from Iraq, safe and sound!!!! Do you think you'll have to go back again?

Graham

P.S. I'm wondering if we should start a new topic, where photos are posted specifically for tweaking by others.

Wow, you just made me want to play with the photos. Graham, what you did with the first photo, I tried and it worked like a charm. I also put about 5 seconds into the second picture as well, hope you don't mind little laker. I just added a little more color and saturation to the photo. Hope you like it.

Ashby

post-3929-1190355491_thumb.jpg

It looks good to me Ashby.

I'll never complain if someone does some work on one of my pic's.

I often do the same thing as well, and I don't recall anyone ever complaining after they saw the results.

P.S. I'm wondering if we should start a new topic, where photos are posted specifically for tweaking by others.

I think that it's a good idea Graham.

I was thinking of making the suggestion on a photography forum I'm involved, but never had.

The odd contest would be fun as well. Using the same basic image for everyone making it a little more fare for everyone.

Thank you Stu, I'm really glad you feel that way. I was worried that some might feel offended that their work is being adjusted. I have no problems with people playing with my photos. I was wondering if I had started something that might prevent new members from sharing in the future.

I think a contest or challenge sounds like fun. Maybe a collection of photos, with one contribution from each member, allowing for more creative freedom, to allow for blending and merging images to create something new. Like Mokai's lab, in B.C., grabing a bird by the neck...lol.. I can imaging someone winning a challenge by making a simgle image into a work of art. Anyway, sounds like fun to me.

Graham

Hey Graham,

It's great to be back, thanks. Yes I'll have to go back again, as to when I have not decided. The wife and I have picked Mar 09 as a possible return date. It could be sooner though, that of course will be in final up to the boss.

little laker, glad you like the re-do on the photo. That is one of my hobbies that I do. Can't tell you how I do half the stuff I do, I just do it and it turns out good for the most part. It's relaxing, about as much as tying flies. The program I have Paint Shop Pro 11.11 and I love it.

Graham, I think your idea of a new thread for picture touch-ups is a great idea. It would be fun to see what different people come up with on the same photos.

Ashby

Near Grand Forks?

Yep, Grand Forks is about 1/2 an hour East of there. It's right beside the hwy, on Ker Creek rd.

Hey laker, was the first one HDR?

Nope.

I rarely do HDR's, and when I do they're always suttle.

I took several autumn photo's today. I'll make a small series on how I come up with final outcome and post it some time tonight.