Fly Tying
ray309

Windsor Ontario

I grew up in the Walkerville area of Windsor but moved to London for work in 2000. If you are up for a bit of a drive maybe we can wet a line together one day. :cheers:

Regards,

Dan

Hi Lyndon, just thought i would let you know there is an excellent fly shop in London Ont. it is called Johns fly shop. He has great material and gives great service. Bye the way he fished with the great Polly Rosborouh from Wa.or Oregen.Ask him about his fishing trips out west here. Bye for now and good fishing. ED

Thanks ED! I will check out John's when I get up around London. Unfortunately that's about 2 hours drive from here, and I was hoping to find a supplier closer to home! -Lyndon

Ed & Lyndon,

Was it John's or Jay's fly shop. I have heard of Jay's but not John's and don't want to miss a hidden gem of a fly shop in my home town.

Lyndon, in case my hunch is correct and it is Jay's fly shop here is the link to the website. http://www.jaysflyshop.com/

There is also Angling Sport. http://www.anglingsport.com/

I have Friends & Family scattered all over the Windosr/Essex county area and am by that way all the time. If you want I can contact you to let you know when I will be down next and pick up what you want. Or if you want to pay for shipping Jay's does mail order over the phone.

When you do make it up to London let me know. Maybe we can meet for a coffe and I can show you where all the fly shops are. :cheers:

Regards,

Dan

Hello Dan, Just to answer yor question, it is Johns Fly Materials and he has a large inventory. I just love his materials and he is very promt in shipping although i havent ordered from him in 5 yrs. any way he is at johnsflymaterials.com Phone is 519-645-0932. I think you will be happy with John and say Hi for me, from Vernon, BC. ED

Thanks for the info. Jay's has quite a good website, and I actually placed a small order with them over the phone yesterday. Hopefully I can see both shops next time around.

Still looking for a source in my neck of the woods, though....

Cheers!

Happy new year to all

Lyndon

Ed,

Thanks for the heads up on John's Fly Materials. I just visited his site and am astonished at his prices. The thing that is even funnier is that I drive past his place on my way to work after stopping for my Timmie's. I never knew he was there. He must run the shop out of his house now and there are no signs that I can see when driving to work. I will be sure to pass on your message as I will absolutely be stopping by to see John sometime soon.

Regards,

Dan

Hi ED: Personally, I dislike going to Detroit, although there are many folks here in the Windsor area who shop there almost every weekend. It is also an expensive drive (considering the toll is 3.50 or 4.00 each way) when you are only looking for a spool of tinsel or a bag of hooks! Anyway, it is something to consider.

Cheers -Lyndon