Fly Tying
Old Hat

Working a Hare's Mask

It try to accomplish retaining the different qualities so that I may custom mix. But you are right leaving it on the mask would allow more flexibility for that. I also do have a mask or two stored away with the cheek material still on for tailing. The boxes just happen to fit perfectly in a drawer of my tying desk. I use the dubbing from my boxes probably 90% of the time but do always have some material on the skin stored away in less convenient places if I need them. I like an organized tying space, just me.

The empty containers you can find at most department stores in the craft section for about $4

post-13329-1200530395_thumb.jpgpost-13329-1200530517_thumb.jpg

Ever so slightly off-topic, (but sticking with the idea of containerizin',) here's how I handle most of my hooks smaller than a 1/0. It's a 4 a day pill dispenser. I put the hooks in a given compartment, and label the compartment with all the pertinent info. For example, m143906n would be Mustad-size 14-type 3906-nymph hook. Otherwise I forget the names of the types of hook I like. :dunno:

I also put beads and some eyes in there.

post-63-1200762789_thumb.jpg