Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flymaker1

Tube Swap

Just received supplies from J.stochard and will start tomorrow.one pattern will be minnow type the other will be of my own design.Right now it is even a suprise to me.

First set done,will tie all weekend and should have second set done by Sunday.How about an addy?

Fred

P.S. theese or the first tube flies I've done and I love this style.Can't wait till you guys see theese

I'm new to tube tying and haven't fished any yet, but from what I've gleened, I'm sure I'll like them. I will attempt to join future exchanges, once I get into it. I'm curious if there isn't enough interest for a separate forum on tube flies. It is a distinct enough tying form to warrant it, it seems.

My intended targeted (first) use will be coho, pinks, sockeye, chum, sea run Dolly's, rainbow and Artic grayling in Alaska next August. Primarily coho for the tube flies, but the bread n butter pattern, Purple Egg Sucking Leech works on all of them. I have tied a few PESLs combining traditional PESL materials with the absolutely deadly plastic egg bead (Trout Beads), which I fully expect and trust will be even more effective than PESLs tied with the traditional pink chenille "egg". I fished the beads on SRD, bows and AG last trip with awesome effectiveness last trip.

Rick

Flies in the mail today. Letumgo minnow and a pattern I came up with , I call Epoxishrimp . Hope ya'll enjoy

Fred

I think I am ready for an addy. These are some of my first tube flies so I converted some of my old standbys to the tube style, hope you all enjoy them.

Hey Flymaker1, do you have the ability to post pics of the flies when you recieve them? I would have posted but for some reason my computer refuses to reconize my new camera.

Fred

Sorry people. I have had a lot of things on my plate as of late. I've figured out my first pattern, a tube version of a very successful silver fly, and I should have evertthing done early next week.

I found my materials and in one of our club tying sessions I figured out hot to tye a tube version of the fly I used to catch the fish on your left. I normally tie it on a Mustad Signature Circle hook. To get everything to sit right I had to add a strip of weight to the bottom of the tube. I will get the other pattern done by the end of the weekend. :thumbup: :kicking:

Frank

By the way the silver in the picture won me the Silver Salmon derby up in Valdez Alaska when I lived there.

I weighed 18.18 pounds and was worth $15K.