Fly Tying

flat wing swap

ronc23,Dnthmn,Speaking for myself ,I would love a freshwater version.Where I live we have both fresh and salt.and the only difference between some of the fly patterns that I use for bass and those I use for Redfish is I use a stainless hook for the Redfish so it wont corrode in the salt. Otherwise identical patterns are effective on both.Just my $.02

Welcome ronc23 and Fred H.

I dont think that anyone will mind if there are freshwater versions as long as the fresh water guys dont mind getting stainless hooks on the salt versions. I personaly use the same flies in the salt as fresh, with a little extra care the new hooks for fresh water last a few outings in the salt anyway. that is the beauty of this type of fly that it can be used in the salt or fresh water just as well.

Alright then,

I'll pick up some salt-water hooks this week and get started creating a prototype. I'm kind of excited, if this one turns out it will be my first submission to the pattern database.

I've been following this swap thread and I want to give the swapmister a choice of the pattern I will be doing. The choice's are the original small pattern a #12 wet Light Cahill flat wing or the pattern that just came off my vise a #2 SS Grizzly/Black Flat Wing Pimp. Let me know.

Hi;

I'd like to join and tie a yellow/red/yellow fly, size 4 or 6 mustad 37187 stinger hook.

I'm designing this fly for pickeral but think it would work well for other species as well.

Wayneb

welcome watneb, billb, and student4evr.

Grunt I am easy like sunday morning. both patterns sound cool, I amgoing to leave it up to you to decide though, I love to see what everyone comes up with. That is the beauty of tying with a bunch of different people with as many different tying styles and ideas for flies. I cant wait to see what everyone comes up with>

Ok, I'll go with the #2 Grizzly/Black Flatwing Pimp. I must have caught big fly fever on this swap.

Hi All;

Just curious, how many intend to include jungle cock eyes in thier flies?

I'm asking since I don't have any and debating including it.

Also, with my chosen color scheme(yellow/red/yelow) I'm considering utilyzing some type of red eye instead.

Thanks in advance;

Wayneb