Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
fishaholic69

white sparkle bugger

I made this size 10 beadhead bugger. its white hackle ,white marabou, and kinda hard to see in the pic but instead of regular white chenille I used white and pearl flash speckled chenille. maybe it could imitate a baitfish? also made size 8. will make some more later.

post-12314-1203645179_thumb.jpg

A real fish getter that one. Good tie for anyplace where there are smaill light minnows. Tie some up with a grizzley hackle, that gives a kind of barred effect like a small bait fisn. That will work on crappie, and bass.

I do have a dry fly cape in grizzly? maybe I could use one of the huge feathers at the bottom of it? maybe I can order some cheaper grizzly bugger hackle instead? I am not gonna have room for all the flys I tie in any of my boxes lol. my pack only holds 2 per pouch. guess I could start stuffing um in the back pack part of it lmao.

I tied some similar to yours and then I put some pink hackle on some and some red hackle on some and some black hackle. Not sure what they will catch but they look pretty! Sherri B

Hello, I have tied a few white buggars but I dont know if the local trout will like any of them, but the blue gills do. I have done like Sherri B and put different color hackle and I agree that they are cool looking (I just hope the fish think they are) :D If you get a chance try badger instead of grizzly hackle. A rusty brown body with olive marabou and hackle is my favorite so far.

Take Care,

thanks for the comments. we don't have any trout around except steelhead at thee end of fall,winter and beginning of spring. these will be used on gills, crappies and bass. maybe I will swing it in front of a steely once or twice?

If you want a nice full collar on one of your buggers tie the hackle in at the bend by the tip. When you palmer the hackle towards the eye pace the hackle so you can get a couple of wraps right behind the eye with all that soft stuff at the base of the feather. Tie it in good and give the thread wraps a shot of head cement.