Fly Tying
tyrite

How would I get started at doing Swaps & Contest

go to" swaps & contests" look for a swap a and see if you're interested. Click on the thread and see if its been filled up .If not you are welcome to join.

Fred H has given you some great advice. However, before you do that, PLEASE read the following two links. They are pinned at the top of this page.

The first one is:

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=13551

And the second is:

http://www.flytyingforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1515

After you have read both of those links, and understand them thoroughly, then find a swap you want to get into and jump in. Just reply to the swap thread with "I'm in," and also give the name of the pattern you want to tie, if you have already decided. If not, put "TBD" which stands for "To Be Determined." Then, as soon as you decide, post a second reply telling the Swapmeister what your pattern will be. You have to participate in several swaps, (3, I think) before you can be a Swapmeister.

Once you have participated in several swaps and have an idea of the skill level involved, then you may want to participate in a contest. The best one is on this same board and it's called FTOTY, "Fly Tier Of The Year." You will see plenty of info about it next Fall in time to get in on that one.

That's about it.

Happy Swapping!

BB

Thanks For all the info I will have to Look at all the info before I jump in!! :headbang: