Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fred H.

Idea to Remember Mark Delaney

Memorial swap. I can't host it as I 'm still hosting one.Criteria for flies should be something off of Mark's

fly pattern database here on the FTF or one made of craft store items. Mark was known for finding craft store items to use in flytying. As a professor he was not blessed with a large salery,(thank you very much La. educ Sys) and had to be inventive .Anyway those were my thoughts what are yours?

I didn't know Mark, but I also like being ingunewitive (Thanks Ill. School System) using different materials.

I'm not hosting anything now so I could do it.

I'll check on the replys tonight and start a thread.

Thanks Fred - Great Idea.

:P

This is happening of a few other lists Mark was on.

We are going to do a memorial swap for Mark and will put the flies in a shadow box to send to the family.

Let me kow if you want to be part of this.

PM me to get my address.

toe tag with your name. Due to me by June 1, 2008.

it is only one fly so that should not be a problem.

I will get them to Allen Fish who will put them in the Shadow box and to the family.

Crappie

Yo Crappie...........i'm DOWN. Mark was a pal and i thought the world of him, and his wife. SUPER Peopel. I need your address.........and i'm in for the other swap as well. In fact i already have the material. Got it at the Dollar Store..........i'll be doin' Computer Duster Streamers.....usin' the material outta the duster for the wings, and throats and or bellies. June 1st is cool. Allen "Fish" is also a pal....should i just send it to him? Lemme know.

Fred and Juice...........i dunno bout that in terms of how many and when it'd be due. I think the memorial plate/shadow box deal is a much better idea..........actually a swap is a cool idea.......i just don't have time for doin' very many flies right now.

Here's why http://www.classicflytying.com/index.php?showtopic=31010 ...........i'm havin' to do so many "donation" flies for all these shows that it leaves me no time for anything. Plus i'm tyin' for a fly shop here in Mt. Home now. Lemme know how this develops...........i really wanna participate but if it gets up over to many tyers and is due real soon..............i :dunno: i'll have some free time in July, while out in Montana to get 'em done............what are you thinkin' bout a due date? mark ;)