Fly Tying
Student4evr

Snowshoe Hare

Troutnabout: That works for me. I'd even be willing to work it out so we get about a dozen flies each. We have 4 in right now so if we each did three.....

Frank :dunno: :dunno:

Frank: I like your idea even better. If we do two patterns I'll tie a spotlight emerger in addition to my original. If we do three, add a Rivergod Emerger-Henrickson to the other two. Troutnabout B)

OK,

I ordered some footies for the swap so count me in. PTDL.

would you object if I asked some members in VFB and another site if they were interested and have them send you a PM of intent? :unsure:

Jim the deserttrout

deserttrout:

Sure go ahead. The more the merrier. Let's give it until the end of the week and then we can decide what we want to do. Next week I will be heading to BC Canada for a club outing so I won't be checking on this swap until I get mack in 2 weeks.

Frank

HoosierFlyTyer:

.Welcome aboard. And welcome to the forum. Just to be sure, what we are looking for, are patterns using show shoe rabbit hare from the feet. I'm not familiar with a pea bunny. (I'm no authority but I thought I'd ask.) Also, I think we will end up tying 2 patterns each. That will make the postage worthwhile.

If you have any questions feel free.

Desertrout:

Glad to have you in. Don't forget to rub 'em just before you shave em.

Frank

I was looking around for some other patterns to tie and I looked in my copy of [/u]Tying Emergers by Schollmeyer and Leeson. They have a good description of snoshu hare and it's properties. And they have a ton of patterns.

Frank :thumbsup:

Well everyone I am ready to head north. It looks like we have 6 victim..oops, tiers; so why don't we plan on doing 2 patterns each. That's 5 sets of 2 each, and call it a swap. I will get back to you when I gat back in a week.

Fish On!!!

Frank aka Student4evr

If we can close this out early, I can host other swaps. which I would like to do.

Thanks

Frank :D

Just so I get this correct, we are tying 5 each of two different patterns and sending them in by the original date.? 10 flies total. Yes?

Just to let everyone know. I am responsible and usually very quick to get my flies in. I slipped a disc in my neck this weekend and will be basically bed ridden for about 2-3 weeks. :crying: No worries, I will meet my time commitment but not in the usual quick turn out, I apologize.

Old Hat And everyone else: That is correct, Tie 5 flys each of 2 patterns and send them in by the deadline of 7/26.

And Old Hat take care of yourself.

Frank