Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
airedale

Mayflies w/ extended bodies

Hey, I like to tie maylies with extended bodies. I am willing to swap for any pattern, but would prefer more complex, artistic, or just cool looking flies. I have size 12, 14, 16, and maybe size 18 dry hooks that I tie them to. I tie them with long or short bodies. For long bodies, I have tan(natural), chartruese, orange, white, and another color (I will update it when I go to my cabin this weekend, that is where my fly tying stuff is). For short bodies, I have red, white, chartruese, blue and possibly tan (I might be out) They are made of deer hair and poly yarn with some kind of hackle feather (not sure what it is called, I'm kinda new to fly tying and fishing).

I will trade for almost any kind of fly, but would prefer artistic, complex, cool looking, or mouse pattern flies. Send me a picture and a list of materials/name of fly. The picture I have is in the attachments. It isn't very good, but my camera doesn't take the best pics.

Thanks, Jim :D

:lol: :D Sorry! Forgot the picture. It is in the attachments in this post.

Um, I just read the rules. WHo is a swapmeister? I'm kinda confused. Sorry if I caused an inconvenience for anyone. I didn't read the rules first.

Um, I found the rules, but it doesn't seem to explain anythign for me. Sorry. What is a swap meister? ANd what have I done wrong so far. I'm pretty sure I did, but I want to check.

Guest Big E

A swap is normally where a person starts a swap (the swapmeister) and then a bunch of swappers join. Depending on the amount of swappers the SM sets the limit at is the amount of flies that are tied. These are then sent to the SM and then the SM distributes one fly to each of the swappers.

Before one can be a swapmeister you must successfully participate in three swaps hosted by an approved SM and also send your info to the moderators.

I understand what you are trying to do and wouldn't necessarily call it a swap...perhaps trading flies. I'm not sure if that is allowed or not but if you want to practice your skills and get a bunch of different ties, swapping is the way to go.

I agree with the BigE. I am in my 3rd and 4th swap on this board and each swap had a different fly to tie. And on another board I just mailed off two (extended body Mayfly and Mayfly Nymphs). If a swap is not for you and all you want to do is trade flys; you really need to go to the General Fly Tying Forum or the classified board.

I would recommend that you do join a swap and submit your flys sometime. Sounds like you tie a nice fly.

Jim