Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Ashby

1st HDR

I saw Andrew's photo the other day in HDR and got the program he has to try it out. This is a cool program. Don't know if I have it down, but it looks pretty cool to me. This is a picture of my Altima and rear of the Explorer. You can also see all my hummingbird feeders on the tree. Anyway, any input is welcome. Andrew you look to have some time on this program so input from you would really be helpfull. Thanks all.

Ashby

IPB Image

That HDR work is very good. You can see how everything is bright, and contrast and color is superb.

What program did you use? What was the range you shot?

Thanks for the comment. The program I used is Photomatix. You can get it for free, but it will watermark all of your photos you do with it. You have to purchase the code to get the watermarks removed.

Ashby

It's free to download, but it cost $99.00 to get your code to remove watermarks. The site even has tutorials to help you get started and get a feel for it. It's a pretty fun program to play around with. I also forgot to answer your question on range. I assume you are talking about F-stops. The First shot was -2, then 0, then +2. The program puts them together, and you just play with the settings.

Ashby

Guest Big E

I'm not a photographer nor a graphics arts person and I'm kinda color blind but for some reason it feels like there is too much blue saturation.

The house is blue, the reflection in the car is blue, the car across the way is blue, the sky is blue, etc....lots of blue.

Did you manipulate (increase) the blue from the original? What about if you stuck the original up and your rematrixed photo as well?

Hi Big E. The reason the photo looks that way is because it's high dynamic. You can keep them natural, or blow them out on the colors (saturate) it's just a different style of photo. Here is a copy of one of the original photos to make this picture. There are three in all, dark, normal, and light.

Ashby

post-3929-1212548511_thumb.jpg

Guest Big E

See...told you I didn't know squat. The HD pic really pops when compared to the original.