Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tequilatrout

Corona Crab

tequila trout, where did you get the red plastic bracelet material ? Have all the materials on the tying desk except that. Looks like a flexible drinking straw that was cut in pieces. Thought about shrink wrap tubing, metallic braid & a few other materials to substitute, but nothing similar other than plastic tubing. The last of the limes are falling off the tree & with the last 2 days of sunshine they should be that yuk green color in a day or 2.

I get it in a local craft store, the bracelet material doesn´t even have a name. In fact they don´t have it anymore, hope that for x-mas they have it again and I`m going to buy a lot, maybe sometime in the future I can give you some.

post-14299-1227023378_thumb.jpg

With the materials available, these are the flies that are similar. Never put in the lime rinds since the red bracelets haven't been found. Taking them to the fly fishers meeting tonight to see what comments they make to make it better to fish with.

What a nice job did you do, love them, that crab with the loop connector is very creative and the Michelob... :cheers: