Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Greetings to you all

My location is northeast of Pittsburgh, Pa about five miles from the Allegheny River at Dam #3. I'm an avid fly fisherman and have been concentrating on trout the last couple of years.

I like to tie flies but I wouldn't considre myself as an avid or really active tyer. I generally tie in spurts. I won't tie for awhile and then I'll get the urge or see a new pattern that I'd like to learn and I'm off and tying again for awhile.l

I'm an active member of Tri County Trout Club, based in Lower Burrell, PA and the Arrowhead Chapter of Trout Unlimited in Ford City, PA.

As a cerftified Keystone Aquatic Resources Education (KARE) instructor for the PA Fish abd Boat Commission, I enjoy teaching fishing skills to kids. We try to do at least two programs a year.

I hope to hear from many of you and I'll enjoy reading many of your postings.

Welcome to the forum! We have a few members from the Pitts area now. Some of your trout streams are defiently on my todo list. Also always wanted to fish the Susky for some of them big 'ol Smallies. Glad you stopped by and hope you visit often

Welcome D.waterflogger glad to have you with us. I am a little the same way with tying in spurts like that. I will spend a week tying each night then go for a couple weeks without. Thats why i joined this site to help keep me "into" tying even when i'm not actully doing it!

D.waterflogger,

Welcome aboard can never have enough fly fishing nuts.

Again Welcome,

Fatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by

Welcome aboard can never have enough fly fishing nuts.

You got that right. smile.gif

Ok this is freakie !!

Im also a memeber of the Tri county Trout club in Lower Burell. bugeyes.gif

Hope to see Charlie Meck speak tonight !

This is a great site, and welcome !

Check you PM !

Welcome D,

just wanted to take a minute and Officially welcome you into big Daddy's flock. Jump in anytime and share what you know, and maybe get an answer for the things you don't!! Welcome aboard!!

"just wanted to take a minute and Officially welcome you into big Daddy's flock. Jump in anytime..."

Hell, that's one of the scariest thoughts I've heard in a long time - you might never come out!!! laugh.gif

Welcome Aboard!