Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
day5

4th Annual Steelhead Nymph Swap

I'll play, pattern TBD

Michael

You are in and you are the last one. I have my reservations because you have not been around long but I like to trust people so Ill trust that I will not need to send my team of ex navy seal assassins to hunt you down for your flies.....LOL :ph34r: Im kidding :ph34r: welcome!

Thanks day 5!! you rock!!! gonna tie up some big ol' "Delektable Prince nymphs"

It's a prince on a 3x hook (6 or 8). it's a bead head with a chickaboo tail and rubber legs. found it at The Fly Shop in Redding CA and tweaked it to my fancy! MUhahaha!

Prince nymph, tweaked by the freak? :wacko: :blink: :shocking: :scared: :jumpy: :scared: :shocking: :blink: :bugeyes:

here is the link if anybody wants a little taste of what the fly will look like. Jut remember I am a freak and the finished product will reflect that, and yes the freaks from the west coast are represented! They call me the freak cuz I winter steelhead naked!

Got shrinkage?

http://store.theflyshop.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id=4926 :bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

Does the link take me to pics of you fishing in the cold? :blink:

SAY WHAT? :huh: uh not really :whistle:

it's a website a friend is slowly but surely building for me. He has been taking web development classes and needed a guinea pig.I said "hey build me a fly fishing site!" He agreed and we started looking for names and I stumbled across the trout whisperer and couldn't belive it when I found it was avaliable! Now is the hard part! content and such. He's not a fly guy and I am ADD and semi tech challenged so I can't focus on what I really wantnor how to get it.!To top it off he lives in Seattle and I live in Manteca ca. about 50 miles south of sacramento. I think i am gonna focus on trout, and steelhead and maybe largemouth bass, as well as the flies that they eat. mostly focus on my local rivers, the stanislaus (stan-ih-slaw), the toulumne (tuh-wall-uh-me) and the mokelumne (muh-cull-uh-me), and the delta

Dhise is in and the swap is full..... :headbang:

1 D5..... stone

2 claudia

3 will

4 dnthmn

5 cruncher..... stone

6 ibrb.... burlap

7 dhise

8 professori

9 wicked Word!!!!!!!!!!...... stonebacon and eggs!

10 Orange caddis

11 Flytyingfreak...... Tweaked out Prince!

12 mlwebb.... Firefly

Id be up for one more but only one more. Group?

Sure. I can tie a dozen. Not much different than 11.

Yepper .. it's fine with me.. If i remember he was in last years also..