Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DHise

Glow in the dark....

In that case, is a fly really a fly if you are utilizing synthetics to tie it? Or, is the operative word "tie"?

Does it really matter if you're enjoying the activity and it is legal?

I don't know and I don't care, but it is interesting to see how bent folks get when it is brought up!!

almost all of my tying involves synthetics in some way.

what if you take a rubber worm and schmear some Power-Bait on it? I make a bunch of "flies" with spinner blades and propellers. Some folks have a cow about that. What is interesting is that if you read fishing literature from the early and mid 20th century, the big names such as Ray Bergman ALWAYS wrote about using spinners and bait on a fly rod. Today if you do that, you risk being assaulted by some dope wearing $800 waders.

In that case, is a fly really a fly if you are utilizing synthetics to tie it? Or, is the operative word "tie"?

Does it really matter if you're enjoying the activity and it is legal?

I don't know and I don't care, but it is interesting to see how bent folks get when it is brought up!!

almost all of my tying involves synthetics in some way.

what if you take a rubber worm and schmear some Power-Bait on it? I make a bunch of "flies" with spinner blades and propellers. Some folks have a cow about that. What is interesting is that if you read fishing literature from the early and mid 20th century, the big names such as Ray Bergman ALWAYS wrote about using spinners and bait on a fly rod. Today if you do that, you risk being assaulted by some dope wearing $800 waders.

With a zipper B)