Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
deflyguy

FTOTY contest form/application

I noticed when downloading the contest form that it may not have been updated in awhile (the PDF file name still had 2006 in the title). I know that many of the guys who administer this site spend their spare time making it the best fly fishing community on the net - and we really appreciate it :headbang: - so I created a fully editable version for 2008. I did not change any of the formatting or entry fields. I did however create entry fields with drop-down menus that include all the contest categories and text fields in all other applicable areas. Now, if you have a PDF reader (Adobe for example) you can fill out the application on your PC or laptop before printing it out.

I have attached a blank form and an example form (I partially completed). I also watermarked the 2008 FTOTY Medals near the bottom of the form.

I was not trying to be presumptious here - I really appreciate all the effort that people put into this site/community and I wanted to help out in any way I could. I know it is a bit late with only 24 days left ( I have been migrating datacenters and have not had much spare time :wallbash: )....

Hopefully it will help. I also will not be offended it the admins nix this - I do not want to rock the boat

Please let me know what you think

2008_FTOTY_contest.pdf

2008_FTOTY_Example.pdf

Thanks, I like this. I was trying to do something similar, but I don't have a PDF writer or anything like that. This will be a big help!

I like the medals at the bottom too.

P.S. one thing I would point out is that there does not need to be a "Rookie Of The Year" selection in the drop down menus, if you are eligible for "ROTY" all of the flies you send in are entered into the "ROTY" category

I noticed when downloading the contest form that it may not have been updated in awhile (the PDF file name still had 2006 in the title). I know that many of the guys who administer this site spend their spare time making it the best fly fishing community on the net - and we really appreciate it :headbang: - so I created a fully editable version for 2008. I did not change any of the formatting or entry fields. I did however create entry fields with drop-down menus that include all the contest categories and text fields in all other applicable areas. Now, if you have a PDF reader (Adobe for example) you can fill out the application on your PC or laptop before printing it out.

I have attached a blank form and an example form (I partially completed). I also watermarked the 2008 FTOTY Medals near the bottom of the form.

I was not trying to be presumptious here - I really appreciate all the effort that people put into this site/community and I wanted to help out in any way I could. I know it is a bit late with only 24 days left ( I have been migrating datacenters and have not had much spare time :wallbash: )....

Hopefully it will help. I also will not be offended it the admins nix this - I do not want to rock the boat

Please let me know what you think

Nice job. Not for me this year but maybe next year. The hosts should be happy that someone made the effort to update their form for them. Agin, good job; especially from what looks like a "DeadHead"....

Jim

thanks, I will remove the ROTY from the category drop downs.

Desert - Have you seen Jerry lately :headbang: ?

OK - here is the updated version (attached)

This one has all the categories, with sub-categories, in the drop down boxes and I have removed the ROTY option in these fields. The only ROTY box is at the top. I also added the FTF logo.

Let me know what you think, rock on :headbang:

2008_FTOTY_contest_v2.pdf