Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
the saltydog

What did Santa Bring?

I do not like to brag, or gloat about "what I got, etc... but the wife says go for it... so here it goes... :unsure:

I got about $4 thousand bucks worth of Fly tying materials, including a Nor-vise and all the extras, and just a ton of fly tying materiel, wife paid much much less then that, the old owner hurt his neck and can't sit to tie, also got Korker Guide boots, H/H Polypro underwear, and one of those copy old records to CD things.

A Bird hunting vest, and apparently being chased off the river by a grizzly is enough to make the wife and kids nervous so they got me a "Spot", the 911/SAR team on your belt.. and my middle son made a car model to commemorate my 24 yrs in the Army, that made me cry... damn kids grow up when you are not looking..

I am the most spoiled old man ever... and I think my family loves me and I know that I love them also :mellow:

My lovely bride got me a fly tying kit. Can't wait to get my workstation setup so taht I can start tying.

God Bless you all and Happy New Year !!

Kicker

post-4914-1230734137_thumb.jpgI guess I was a good boy,,,,wife and father-in-law surprised me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

post-4914-1230734137_thumb.jpgI guess I was a good boy,,,,wife and father-in-law surprised me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Holy Batpoop Batman, I guess you musta been good or something... :bugeyes:

I got 6 flies tied by my 12 year old niece. I took her and her brother tying kits last summer. I gave her one quick lesson, and had to leave for home. Just the fact that she was interested enough to keep at it without any help, was great. She can’t wait to go fly fishing with me next summer when I visit again.

For Christmas, I got both of them tying instruction books, and a promise of more lessons to come.

I feel lucky this year, I got some tying materials, an Orvis Zero Gravity 6 weight rod, a ross cla 3 reel, and orvis xt waders.

What a great christmas

Boatmobile, I love it :headbang: Thats what we'll call it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,