Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
twohearted

Eating Crow

its not so much what holds the hook as what you do with the hook once its clamped down. We have all seen stunning flies tied on cheap vises and also crappy flies off of cadillac style vises. It s a matter of what you can afford and your own preference. I use a regal and I love it, I used to watch my grandfather tie on one and that is what I wanted too. I think the coversation is a bit like looking past the painting and talking about the eisle.

Right on brother. Good analogy of the painting/easel. Due to this recent experience with other vises I am entertaining the thought of trading/selling one of my DK's (or just buying outright) just to try out a Renzetti, HMH, or Peak; though I am a bit stirred up about which direction to go next.

Multitudes multitudes in the valley of decision. (Joel 3:14)

RB

I understand, I've been wanting an HMH Standard since the first time I saw one. I don't know why? I have two great vises now, and being laid off now I sure can't justify buying one, but one of these days!